1. The AIPS Sport Media Awards 2018 are open to professional journalists, whether directly employed or freelancers.
2. Applications may come from AIPS cardholders as well as those who are not members of the association but must come from one of the countries represented by the 160 member national associations of AIPS.
3. All entrants must be persons who are 18 years of age or older on or before July 1, 2017
1. Submissions should only be made via the official AIPS Awards’ website, www.aipsawards.com. Supporting documents and proof of publication are also to be submitted only via the website.
2. Each entry for the 2018 Awards must have had its first publication or broadcast between July 1, 2017 and September 17, 2018. Proof of publication must be submitted with the entry.
3. A maximum of two (2) separate submissions are allowed across all categories of the Awards.
4. Applicants can submit entries in any language. They can submit an English translation with their entry but are not obliged to. All entries will be screened by a native speaker from the respective member association of AIPS in the first phase. If judged as valuable, the entry will be translated into English via a professional service.
5. Entries must be submitted before 6 PM CET on Friday, September 17, 2018.
6. “Special Award” categories are not open to submissions.
Each eligible award consists of an original trophy and prize money of USD 8.000 for the winner; second placed will receive USD 3.000 and third placed USD 2.000 in the Photography ("Sport Action" and "Portfolio"), Writing ("Best Column" and "Best Colour Piece"), “Audio", Video ("Athlete Profile" and “Documentary") and "Journalistic Weblog" categories.
“Special Awards” are not open to submissions. Winners will be awarded with a trophy, without prize money. The “Special Awards” categories do not include second and third place.
The Awards will be assessed by a Jury of eleven respected professionals, including the President of the Jury, drawn from leading sport media organisations and backgrounds ranging across the sports media spectrum and the Awards categories.
The Jury will base its deliberations on nominations put forward by the AIPS Executive Committee. The AIPS Executive Committee is charged with shortlisting ten potential candidates for each Award category for consideration by the Jury. The Jury will select from the nominations three finalists who will be invited to the final Awards ceremony in January 2019 in Lausanne, Switzerland.
The Jury will meet to determine the winners the day before the ceremony. The Jury is charged with the responsibility and authority to accept, substitute or reject nominations put forward by the AIPS Executive Committee, and may in extraordinary circumstances offer its own suggestions.