AIPS Sport Media Awards: the Top 10 ranking in Audio
The three awardees in the category Audio (L) Ronny Blaschke (3rd), Tracey Holmes (2nd) and Bob Holer (1st) awarded by Hungarian swimmer Katinka Hosszu and AIPS Secretary General and Treasurer Jura Ozmec
LAUSANNE, February 19, 2020 - After the AIPS Sport Media Awards ceremony held in Budapest on February 3rd 2020, in which winners across the 9 categories have been awarded, AIPS is proud to release the Top 10 ranking for each category, to pay tribute to all the journalists who created high-quality contents, increasing the yet remarkable standards of the first edition.
The AIPS Sport Media Awards received 94 submissions in the Audio category. Here is the list of the journalists who made it into the top ten, passing through several selection stages led by of a jury of quality and experienced professionals.
AUDIO TOP 10
1st Prize Bob Hohler (USA), Gladiator: Aaron Hernandez and football Inc. - Boston Globe
2nd Prize Tracey Holmes (Australia), The Ticket: The Horton v Sun Affair - is Sun Yang a Drug Cheat? - ABC
3rd Prize Ronny Blaschke (Germany), Football women - Critical voices of a minority – Deutschlandfunk Kultur
4. Luka Petric (Slovenia), Luka Dončić: becoming Wonderboy - RTV Slovenija
5. Emma Holmsen (Sweden), When Ewy Rosqvist was the steering wheel master - Radiosporten
6. Pablo Juanarena (Spain), Boxkampf. I boxed in Auschwitz. - MARCA
7. Richard Moore, Lionel Birnie, Daniel Friebe (United Kingdom), Sliding doors | Kilometre 0 - The cycling podcast bsp;
8. Cristian Arcos (Chile), 30 years after our own Maracanazo: The day when everything changed -Radio ADN
9. Emiliano Nunia (Argentina), The story behind the champion - Radio Villa Trinidad
10. Felipe Antonio Zarruk Diaz Granados (Colombia), October 11, 1981: A ticket to terror - Vanguardia