AIPS Sport Media Awards 2020: how to join in 10 steps
Graphics by AIPS Media
LAUSANNE, May 30, 2020 - The AIPS Sport Media Awards 2020 come in a year where passion, dedication and boldness are the keywords to help the world of sports journalism recover from the disruptive effects caused by the pandemic. More than any other edition, this year they represent the celebration of sports media excellence and the inexhaustibility of sports values around the world. Participating means to join in this celebration, giving futher visibility to your talent and, most important, helping the world of journalism to fight against the threats affecting the world of media in our era. Be part of it. Discover how.
1) Create an account at the AIPS Sport Media Awards website: https://aipsawards.com/sma/register
2) Log-in with your email address and password: https://aipsawards.com/sma/
3) Fill the section “My Profile” with your personal details.
4) Click on “Add Submissions”. Fill Part 1 “Your Submission”. Select the Category and (if applicable) Sub Category of your first submission. Write the title and describe it in less than 1000 characters.
5) Fill now Part 2 “Files and Data”. Upload a link, a file, or both, depending on the category. It can be a PDF or Word for written articles, JPG for photography, or a video or audio file. You can also submit links, as long as they are not behind a paywall.
6) Select if your submission is in English (Yes/No). If it is not in English, please specific the language. Remember that submissions can be in any language. It is advisable but not compuslory to submit an English translation.
7) Specify the name of the media the submission was published/broadcast and write the publication date. Remember: all submissions need to be works produced/published between October 8, 2019, and October 7, 2020.
8) Select Yes/No if the date of publication is visible in your file/link.
9) If you need to provide proof of publication (ie, a PDF, magazine cover, screenshots, etc), you have a separate area to upload your supporting documents/links. This same area applies in the case you want to send an English translation, or transcript of your audio/video files in the original language.
10) If you are ready, you can select Submit. If you want to make changes in a submission, go to “My Submissions”. You can delete, add or change at any time.
If your first submission was for category Young Reporter Under 30, please notice that your second submission has to be in any of the other categories (Writing, Photography, Video, Audio). Only one Young Reporter submission per person is allowed.
If you want to make a second submission, go to “Add Submissions” (Step 4) and repeat the process.