How to participate in the AIPS Sport Media Awards in 15 steps
Participating in the AIPS Sport Media Awards is very simple. In 15 steps and 15 minutes, your career can change for ever. (Photo / AIPS Media)
AIPS Media Staff
LAUSANNE, July 12, 2019 - The AIPS Sport Media Awards are the celebration of sports media excellence around the world. Participating means to join in this celebration, giving futher visibility to your talent and, most important, helping the world of journalism to fight against the threats affecting the world of media in our era. Be part of it. Discover how.
1) Create an account at the AIPS Sport Media Awards website: https://aipsawards.com/sma/register
2) Log-in with your email address and password: https://aipsawards.com/sma/
3) Fill the section “My Profile” with your personal details
4) Click on “Add Submissions”
5) Select Category and (if applicable) Sub Category of your first submission.
6) Write the Title of your submission.
7) Describe your submission in less than 1000 characters.
8) Upload a link, a file, or both, depending on the category. It can be a PDF for written articles, JPG for photography, or a video or audio file. You can also submit links, as long as they are not behind a paywall.
9) Select if your submission is in English (Yes/No). Remember that submissions can be in any language.
10) Specify the name of the media the submission was published/broadcast
11) Write the date of publication. Remember: all submissions need to be works produced/published between September 18, 2018, and October 7, 2019.
12) Select Yes/No if the date of publication is visible in your file/link.
13) If you need to provide proof of publication (ie, a PDF, magazine cover, screenshots, etc), you have a separate area to upload your supporting documents/links. This same area applies in the case you want to send an English translation, or transcript of your audio/video files in the original language.
14) If you are ready, you can select Submit.
15) If you want to make changes in a submission, go to “My Submissions”. You can delete, add or change at any time.
If your first submission was for category Young Reporter Under 30, please notice that your second submission has to be in any of the other categories (Writing, Photography, Video, Audio). Only one Young Reporter submission per person is allowed.
If you want to make a second submission, go to “Add Submissions” (Step 4) and repeat the process.
If you want to read 100 facts about the Awards, including requirements, rules, prizes and categories, please click here.