How to submit your work in 15 steps
The AIPS Sport Media Awards are not just an invitation to join the biggest festival of sports journalism around the world, but also an effective tool to showcase the best of our profession to the younger generations: originality, sharpness, accuracy and excellent reporting of local, regional or international topics across 8 different categories.
The Awards are open to all sport media professionals, regardless of their working status, that have published or broadcast in traditional and new media in the last year. Submitting is very easy. Here is how.
If you haven’t registered in the past:
1) Create an account at the AIPS Sport Media Awards website: https://aipsawards.com/sma/register
2) Log-in with your email address and password: https://aipsawards.com/sma/
3) Fill the section “My Profile” with your personal details
If you have registered in the past:
4) Once you’ve logged in, click on “Add Submissions” (top left)
5) Select Category and (if applicable) Sub Category of your first submission.
6) Write the Title of your submission.
7) Describe your submission in less than 1000 characters.
8) In the “Files and Data” section, below, you can upload a link, a file, or both, depending on the category. It can be a PDF for written articles, JPG for photography, or a video or audio file. You can also submit links, making sure that they are not behind a paywall.
9) Select if your submission is in English (Yes/No). Remember that submissions can be in any language. If you choose “No”, please select the language of your submission.
10) Specify the name of the media the submission was published/broadcast. If you work for a photo agency, the agency’s link is proof of publication.
11) Write the date of publication. Remember: all submissions need to be published/broadcast between 10 November 2020 and 4 November 2021.
12) Select Yes/No if the date of publication is visible in your file/link.
13) If you need to provide proof of publication (ie, a PDF, magazine cover, screenshots, etc) to prove the date of publication, you have a separate area to upload your supporting documents/links. This same area applies in the case you want to send an English translation, or transcript of your audio/video files in the original language.
14) If you are ready, you can select Submit.
15) If you want to make changes in a submission, go to “My Submissions”. You can delete, add or change at any time before submission deadline on November 4, 18:00 CET.
Adding a second submission
If you want to make a second submission, go to “Add Submissions” (Step 4) and repeat the process.
Young Reporters Under 30
If your first submission was for the optional category Young Reporters Under 30 (optional to those born after January 1, 1992), please notice that your second submission has to be in any of the other categories (Writing, Photography, Video, Audio). Only one Young Reporter submission per person is allowed.
The AIPS Sport Media Awards are the only global prize for sports journalism, with 104,000 US Dollars reserved to the winners of the 8 different categories.
Submission deadline is November 4, 18:00 Central European Time.